A Student’s Guide to Recognizing Disorders, Seeking Help and Promoting Wellness
Agnesian Health Care:
- In and outpatient treatment/counseling services.
- (920) 929-2300; 430 E. Division St., FDL
Alcoholics Anonymous Hotline Winnebago Central Office/Al-Anon/Alateen:
- Call for complete listing of local and area AA meetings. Provides support for people with alcohol problems and their families.
- (920) 922-7512; 280 N. Main St., FDL
- Al-Anon: support group for friends and relatives who meet to help themselves and others overcome the frustration caused by living with an alcoholic.
- Alateen: support group that meets once a week to discuss difficulties of living with an alcoholic family member and to learn effective ways to cope with the problem caused by alcoholism.
Addiction & Mental Health Resources for Veterans
Addiction On College Campuses: Expert Insight and Resources
Alcohol Awareness and College Students
Aurora Health Care:
- Treatment/counseling services
- (920) 907-7000; 210 Wisconsin American Drive, FDL
Center for Substance Abuse Treatment National Drug Alcohol Treatment Referral Service:
College Student’s Guide to Avoiding Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Provides support for people with alcohol problems and their families; ALATEEN support for teens of alcoholics; ALAKIDS support to young children of alcoholics; ALANON support for adult family members of alcoholics.
- (920) 921-0143; 295 Ruggles St., FDL
Lutheran Social Services:
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Recovery Center; Project Youth, helping youth and families resolve issues. Non-denominational, open to the public.
- (920) 924-5222 or (920) 907-0900; 131 S. Main St.; FDL
- An informational hub focusing on educating individuals on the treatment process for a drug/alcohol free life.
- Helps college students learn about the dangers of alcohol and gain confidence to commit to a life of sobriety
- For more information, visit https://www.rehabspot.com/alcohol/who-alcoholism-affects/college-alcohol-abuse/
Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line:
- Free coaching and medication
Veterans and Addiction: A Guide for 2019