Child, Pregnancy & Parenting Service
ADVOCAP Head Start Program:
- Literacy and social services for children/parents (920) 922-7760; 19 W. 1st St., FDL
Back to School Assistance:
- A joint effort of concerned volunteers. Contact Solutions Center 920-923-1743 for more information. Agencies involved include: Salvation Army, The Family Resource Center, ADVOCAP/Head Start, the Boys and Girls Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: One-on-one mentoring for children by positive adult role models.
- (920) 922-8200; 448 S. Military Road, FDL
Boys and Girls Club:
- Programs and after school & summer care services
- (920) 924-0530; 76 W. 2nd St., FDL
Catholic Charities Services:
- Family/individual/couples counseling; pregnancy counseling; step-parent adoption screenings; child-abuse prevention programs.
- (920) 923-2550; 191 S. Main St., FDL
Family Resource Center of Fond du Lac:
- Dedicated to the healthy development of children and families. (920) 923-4110; 105 S. Main St., FDL
- Pregnancy testing, support and referrals
- Pre and post-natal assistance for infant and toddler items
- Free parenting classes and workshops throughout year
- One-on-one parenting with family life educator at Family Resource Center
- On-site parenting at ARC, Beacon House, Fond du Lac County Jail, and Taycheedah, etc.
- In-home education/support program for parents with children birth to five, a monthly, in-home visit for child development, age appropriate activities, school readiness, and child screenings
- Weekly playgroup (0-5 years)
- Hispanic Outreach Program
- Connection Center, Foster care respite
- Moraine Lake Consortium: Badgercare (babies up to 1 year); Prenatal care & birth (underinsured), child-care subsidy, work-related medical expenses, free public health nursing, family foundation, family planning, health check with referral.
New Beginnings Pregnancy Care Center Inc.:
- A safe place for pregnant women wanting to change the direction of their lives.
- (920) 923-1484; 270 Vincent St., FDL
POCAN Program (Promoting Opportunities to Care & Nurture):
- A program designed to strengthen families and enhance child and family development. Provides parenting skills.
- Fond du Lac County Social Services Department
- (920) 929-3085 or 800-547-3640; 87 Vincent St., FDL
WIC (Women In Crisis):
- Available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. (920) 929-3104.